Unsightly veins on the face is a common problem, affecting millions of people. Many patients want to get rid of these unwanted veins on their nose, cheeks and around the eyes, and with a variety of lasers, including the Nd yag laser , we are able to safely, easily and effectively treat these facial spider veins, also known as telangiectasias. All of our doctors are experts with lasers and will provide you with the best treatment possible.
Nd YAG laser is a highly effective long-pulsed laser system used to effectively treat a variety of dermatologic conditions. To find out if you’d be a great candidate to undergo treatment, we encourage you to contact our team of doctors today!
Nd YAG Laser is FDA-approved for use in the treatment of veins, fine lines and wrinkles, as well as hair removal. The dermatologists at Venus Center often use the Nd YAG laser to treat patients with the following conditions:
- Facial veins
- Leg veins
- Unwanted hair
- Fine lines & wrinkles
If you are living with unwanted facial veins, leg veins, fine lines, or unwanted hair, contact the laser experts at Venus Center to find out which laser treatment is right for you.
How Does It Work?
Lasers are the most effective treatment for erasing veins on the face. Lasers deliver precise dosages of energy to each vein, with minimal risk to the surrounding skin. During the Nd YAG LASER treatment, light energy is delivered through a special handpick to the targeted vein. Then the energy is absorbed by the blood vessels. The heat and energy absorption causes the blood vessel clog and is slowly absorbed by the body.
Nd YAG is a long-pulsed laser that specifically targets the treatment area without damaging the surrounding skin. Because of that, Nd YAG is safe to use on patients of all skin tones. There is little to no discomfort after the laser treatments. In some cases patients may experience some swelling, redness or blistering, and the skin might feel tender for a few days. However, applying ice to the treated area can help to minimize swelling and inflammation. Our doctors will answer any post procedure questions you may have.
- Your eyes will be protected with metal goggles.
- Topical or injected numbing is not used with this treatment.
- You will feel the sensation of heat (similar to a “rubber band snapping” against your skin).
- Redness and swelling are to be expected immediately after the treatment. Swelling can vary from no swelling at all to significant swelling and can last from several hours up to a week or longer.
- There is the possibility that one or more of the vein(s) being treated will appear larger and darker for a few days after treatment. This usually subsides within a week, but in most patients, the vein goes away immediately after treatment.
- The treated area may be sore or tender after treatment. This usually subsides in a few hours but if it persists you can take Tylenol or Ibuprofen.
- If necessary, ice packs applied to treated area the day of the procedure will help reduce the heat sensation and minimize swelling. Use a handkerchief under the ice pack when applied on the skin.
- Swelling typically peaks at 12-48 hours. If treatment was performed on your face, sleeping with your head slightly elevated for the first night will help minimize swelling.
- It is possible you may get a bruise immediately after the treatment or within 1-2 days after the treatment. If bruising occurs, it can take 3-10 days to resolve.
- Apply sunscreen with zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide daily. Protect the treated area from sun exposure (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc).
- It is ok to shower and/or wash the treated area the day of the procedure.
- It is ok to gently cleanse the face, as well as use skin products and makeup.
- It is always a possibility that you may not get the desired results after one treatment. Additional treatments may be necessary to achieve desired results.
- Follow any additional specific post-treatment instructions from your physician.
- Follow up with your physician in as needed.