Pressotherapy is a procedure that is said to help with lymphatic drainage, thereby potentially slimming the look of the arms and legs (because they carry less fluid), easing aches and pains, and detoxifying the body. It uses an air pressure machine to inflate a suit that squeezes your arms, legs, or abdomen in a rhythmic motion, similar to a massage.
There is some evidence that lymphatic drainage massage like pressotherapy can reduce the appearance of cellulite and release fluid in the lymph nodes which may build up after surgery or after certain cancer treatments.
Pressotherapy stimulates the body’s lymphatic system. When it’s functioning optimally, the lymphatic system transports lymphTrusted Source, a fluid that contains white blood cells to help fight infection. Possible benefits of pressotherapy include:
- relaxed muscles and fewer aches
- reduction in appearance of cellulite
- reduction of swelling and stiffness in the limbs
- removal of toxins, though this needs more research
- toned and firm skin
- stronger immune system due to lymph moving properly